what is this blog?


The official website for the N. American Jesus Caritas Communities is: www.brothercharles.org

I invite members and associates of Foucauld fraternities to contribute their news and reflections. Privacy/Security --- Authorization to POST: The blog has been designed with privacy and security in mind. Please pass along the blog address to all people in or interested in the Foucauld fraternities. Authorized "authors" can post to the blog. If you would like to be an "author" enter your email address in a comment on any post on the blog which will come to my email and I will enter the required "permissions". If you want something posted to the blog but don't want to post it yourself, you can email it to me and I will post it for you. All suggestions, feedback, and news/comments/reflections for posting are welcome. Lorraine

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

a prayer of Abandonment


At the 2012 NA conference, LS Francisca shared this version of the Prayer of Abandonment with us: 

My Father, I abandon myself to you.   
Do with me as you will,
whatever you may do with me, I thank you.
I am prepared for anything, I accept everything
provided your will is fulfilled in me and in all creatures.
I ask for nothing more my God.
I place my soul in your hands.
I give it to you my God
with all the love of my heart
because I love you
and for me it is a necessity of love,
this gift of myself,
this placing of myself in your hands,
without reserve in boundless confidence
because you are my Father.

Charles de Foucauld, 1858-1916

No comments:

Post a Comment