what is this blog?


The official website for the N. American Jesus Caritas Communities is: www.brothercharles.org

I invite members and associates of Foucauld fraternities to contribute their news and reflections. Privacy/Security --- Authorization to POST: The blog has been designed with privacy and security in mind. Please pass along the blog address to all people in or interested in the Foucauld fraternities. Authorized "authors" can post to the blog. If you would like to be an "author" enter your email address in a comment on any post on the blog which will come to my email and I will enter the required "permissions". If you want something posted to the blog but don't want to post it yourself, you can email it to me and I will post it for you. All suggestions, feedback, and news/comments/reflections for posting are welcome. Lorraine

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

from NA conference 2012

LS Francisca shared this prayer of John Henry Newman with us in one of her wonderful talks:


God has created me to do some definite service. Some work has been entrusted to me which has not been given another.
I have my mission – I may never know it in this life but I shall be told it in the next … I have a part in a great work. 
I am a link in a chain, a bond of connexion between persons.
He has not created me for naught.  I shall love as Christ has loved.  I shall do His work: I shall be an angel of peace, a preacher of truth in my own place while not intending it, if I do but keep His commandments and serve Him in my calling.
Therefore I will trust Him. Whatever, wherever I am, I can never be thrown away.  If I am in sickness, my sickness may serve Him. In perplexity, my perplexity may serve Him. If I am in sorrow, my sorrow may serve Him. 
My sickness or perplexity or sorrow may be necessary causes of some great end, which is quite beyond me.  He does nothing in vain.  He may prolong my life.  He may shorten it. He knows what He is about. 
My friends may be taken from me.  I may be thrown among strangers.  I may feel desolate.  My spirits may sink.  The future may be hidden from me.  Still He knows what He is about.    

John Henry Newman

No comments:

Post a Comment