what is this blog?


The official website for the N. American Jesus Caritas Communities is: www.brothercharles.org

I invite members and associates of Foucauld fraternities to contribute their news and reflections. Privacy/Security --- Authorization to POST: The blog has been designed with privacy and security in mind. Please pass along the blog address to all people in or interested in the Foucauld fraternities. Authorized "authors" can post to the blog. If you would like to be an "author" enter your email address in a comment on any post on the blog which will come to my email and I will enter the required "permissions". If you want something posted to the blog but don't want to post it yourself, you can email it to me and I will post it for you. All suggestions, feedback, and news/comments/reflections for posting are welcome. Lorraine

Thursday, December 13, 2012

An Advent Meditation


The Visitation --- Luke 1:39
"I had scarcely taken taken flesh when I asked my mother to take me to the house where John was to be born, so that I might sanctify him before his birth.  In the Incarnation, I gave myself to the world for its salvation.  Even before my birth I was working at my task, the sanctification of mankind - and I moved my mother to work at it with me.  She is not the only one I have ever moved to work at the sanctification of souls from the first moment of being given to them:  I do the same in every soul to which I give myself.  On one occasion I said to my apostles, 'Preach,' and I gave them their mission and laid down rules for their fulfillment of it.  
"Here and now I am saying to other souls - to all those who have been given me and now lead hidden lives, possessing me without having been gtiven a mission to preach - I tell them to sanctify souls by carrying me among them..  ... 

No comments:

Post a Comment