what is this blog?


The official website for the N. American Jesus Caritas Communities is: www.brothercharles.org

I invite members and associates of Foucauld fraternities to contribute their news and reflections. Privacy/Security --- Authorization to POST: The blog has been designed with privacy and security in mind. Please pass along the blog address to all people in or interested in the Foucauld fraternities. Authorized "authors" can post to the blog. If you would like to be an "author" enter your email address in a comment on any post on the blog which will come to my email and I will enter the required "permissions". If you want something posted to the blog but don't want to post it yourself, you can email it to me and I will post it for you. All suggestions, feedback, and news/comments/reflections for posting are welcome. Lorraine

Friday, December 16, 2011

Brother Charles Christmas Meditation

In a meditation in Matthew 25, in 1882, Blessed Charles de Foucauld wrote: "I think there are no words of the Gospel which have caused a deeper impression and have transformed my life more than these: "Whatever you did to one of these my brethren, you did it to me." Later, during the Christmas Season of 1897-1898, Charles de Foucauld was living in Nazareth. During that time, while meditating on Matthew 25,14-30 he wrote,"We are asked to account for all we've received....Since I have received so much, I've asked for allot. I feel I have received much more than most: conversion, my religious vocation, a Trappist' s hermit's life here in Nazareth, daily Communion...so many blessings, so many thanks!"
forwarded by an associate for the blog

No comments:

Post a Comment