what is this blog?


The official website for the N. American Jesus Caritas Communities is: www.brothercharles.org

I invite members and associates of Foucauld fraternities to contribute their news and reflections. Privacy/Security --- Authorization to POST: The blog has been designed with privacy and security in mind. Please pass along the blog address to all people in or interested in the Foucauld fraternities. Authorized "authors" can post to the blog. If you would like to be an "author" enter your email address in a comment on any post on the blog which will come to my email and I will enter the required "permissions". If you want something posted to the blog but don't want to post it yourself, you can email it to me and I will post it for you. All suggestions, feedback, and news/comments/reflections for posting are welcome. Lorraine

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Isabel Allende: Tales of Passion


This is an interesting video:

Isabel Allende: Tales of Passion

At some points is she talking about "feminism" but it is really more about "preferential option for the poor", "universal brotherhood", and "daring to meet others".   Overall, it is an inspiring and entertaining talk. 
I was somewhat offended by her generalizations about the power of women for the good and men's desire for power and money,  But we know better (equal opportunity on all counts).   







No comments:

Post a Comment