what is this blog?


The official website for the N. American Jesus Caritas Communities is: www.brothercharles.org

I invite members and associates of Foucauld fraternities to contribute their news and reflections. Privacy/Security --- Authorization to POST: The blog has been designed with privacy and security in mind. Please pass along the blog address to all people in or interested in the Foucauld fraternities. Authorized "authors" can post to the blog. If you would like to be an "author" enter your email address in a comment on any post on the blog which will come to my email and I will enter the required "permissions". If you want something posted to the blog but don't want to post it yourself, you can email it to me and I will post it for you. All suggestions, feedback, and news/comments/reflections for posting are welcome. Lorraine

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Miracle of the Chilean Miners




"Sure, I follow the herd---not out of brainless obedience, mind you but out of a deep and abiding respect for the concept of community."  (one of my favorite cartoons)

I've been thinking of the "miracle of the Chilean miners' rescue" and the interaction of the men as they waited to be rescued.  They recognized each others gifts and most of the needs of the group were met. They respected each others' differences and weaknesses.   I found this to be a beautiful example of community, fraternity, universal brotherhood. The value of a supportive community was on display for the world to see (over and over on television).  As much as the rescue was a miracle, their caring and respect for one another was an awesome witness of how we could live our daily lives, our Nazareth.  Thank you, God, for "the miracle of community".

No comments:

Post a Comment